The English text of the Roman Missal provides a basis or standard for translating the remaining Ritual and Pontifical texts of the Roman Rite (see Liturgical Books).
It is anticipated that ICEL will issue all the texts of the Roman Rite in the coming years.
The following have been provided to the Conferences in Gray Book form:
- Order of Celebrating Matrimony, April 2013
- Order of Confirmation, April 2013
- Order of Dedication of a Church and an Altar, April 2014
- Exorcisms and Related Supplications, April 2014
- Liturgy of the Hours: Supplement, April 2014
- Our Lord Jesus Christ, The Eternal High Priest, April 2016
- Blessing of Oils, December 2016
- Order of Baptism of Children, March 2017
- Roman Missal and Liturgy of the Hours Supplement, November 2017
- Ordination of A Bishop, of Priests, and of Deacons, March 2018
- Order of Christian Initiation of Adults, May 2018
- Order of Penance, April 2019
- Holy Communion and Worship of the Eucharist, April 2020
- Anointing of the Sick and of their Pastoral Care, April 2020
Liturgy of the Hours
- Texts for Advent and Christmas, December 2015
- Texts for Lent and Easter, March 2017
- Texts for Ordinary Time, July 2017
- Texts for the Ordinary and the Psalter, December 2018
- Texts for the Commons and Office for the Dead, July 2019
The Roman Missal
In April 2010 the Congregation for Divine
Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments announced that the recognitio for the ‘universal edition’ (the ICEL text) of the Roman Missal had been granted. The Conferences of Bishops were responsible
for incorporating their national propers, and authorizing publishers to print the new Missal in their territories.
Music for the Roman Missal
The music for the Missal is available here. It is important to note that the texts and music on this site require the authorization for use in a liturgical setting by the Bishops' Conference.
An Introduction to the music is available and explains the approach adopted in the chants.